Prier C-634BX1 Commercial Hydrant Box
The C-634BX1 is the perfect complement to the wall hydrant it protects. This unique product can be installed in the structure independently of the valve. This adds flexibility because the box can be installed by a brick mason or general contractor and the plumber can come later to install the valve through the front of the box and plumb it when it is convenient for their schedule. This product is a heavy duty cast brass that comes standard with the popular Satin Nickel or Rough Brass finishes.
This box has a heavy brass hinge and is designed to stay open when the consumer is using the valve. It won’t flop down on the hose or get in the way on the side of the box. A common complaint is that the door on the box gets torn off the hinges and it leaves an empty hole in the side of the building. This won’t happen with the heavy duty PRIER C-634.
- Field testable as required by ASSE 1052, pressure rated to 125 PSI, temperature to 140°
- Satin nickel plated body rmaintains an attractive finish
- Multiple vent holes ensure proper draining and reduce problems associated with insect nesting
- Patented PRIER “triple seal” positive shutoff system offers triple redundancy to assure shutoff
- High flow rate, 16 gallons per minute at 25 PSI differential
- Same key operates box lock and hydrant
- Tested to 250,000 cycles; designed to last the life of the plumbing system
- Heavy pattern cast brass hydrant for use with or without brass box or aluminum box
- Heavy duty brass piping, significantly stronger than copper, with threaded and sealed joints
- Simple, solderless design and solid non-ferrous operating rod for long wear life
- Design enables valve to be easily secured to any type of inner wall, utilizing the provided clamping ring
- Integral 3/8”-16 mounting lugs on box provide easy and secure installation.
- Round Box (RB1) installs through 6” hole or 6” Schedule 40 PVC sleeve
- Patented PRIER quick opening and modulating design requires less force and fewer turns to operate
- Gasket prevents water and air intrusion into the building