Prier 478 Frost Free Anti-Siphon Outdoor Wall Hydrant
PRIER 400 Series provides a year round source of water in areas that are subject to freezing temperatures. The hydrant valve is connected to the supply piping in the heated portion of the structure, eliminating the possibility of freezing. The PRIER 400 Series features a half-turn design for years of easy operation.
The PRIER 400 Series has all the characteristics of the proven 300 Series Wall Hydrant, with the added protection of a vacuum breaker and backflow preventer. It is available from stock in lengths close coupled to 14”.
- Easy half-turn operation
- Integral cast flange with built-in drainage pitch
- Wide screw holes easily secure mounting screws
- Solid brass body and seat
- Satin nickel plated body maintains attractive finish
- Stainless steel screws
- Easy grip polycarbonate operating handle
- EPDM backflow preventer
- AFG teflon with graphite packing for easy maintenance
- Each valve air-tested at factory for leak-free quality
- Spout aligning mark with manufacturer’s date code
*****PRIER's 400 Series hydrants are the current "half-turn" lawn faucet with a vacuum breaker cap above the handle. This valve was originally the "Mansfield 578" hydrant (multi-turn) that was made by the Mansfield Plumbing Company in Perrysville, Ohio. While PRIER has service parts for the original Mansfield 500 Series valve, it is no longer manufactured. The PRIER 400 Series lawn faucet (half-turn) is now made by PRIER in our Grandview, Missouri plant. It is a simple operating product and is fairly simple to repair.