Elkay’s Guide on How to Bypass the Bubbler on a Bottle Filing Station
Elkay’s Guide on How to Bypass the Bubbler on a Bottle Filing Station Elkay can help you navigate the ongoing Covid-19 response requirements, so you can continue to provide healthy drinking water. We have put together a quick how-to for disconnecting the bubbler portion of your Bottle Filling Station to allow you to be able to continue to use the bottle filler.
1. Remove the lower cover by removing the (four) screws on the underside of the cooler.
2. Turn off the water supply; then dispense water to relieve pressure (through either the bubbler or the bottle filler).
3. There is a 1/4" x 1/4" x 3/8" tee fitting in the water cooler, which sends a 1/4" water line to the fountain solenoid and a 3/8" line to the bottle filler. Replace the tee fitting with a 1/4" x 3/8" union fitting. This will send water to the bottle filler only.
4. Cap the 1/4" line to the fountain solenoid(s). This will eliminate the flow of water to the bubbler(s) and eliminate any dripping of residual water in the lines.
5. Turn the water supply back on; then dispense water to repressurize the bottle filler line.
6. Replace the lower cover.
Please post signage that states: The bubbler portion of this product has been temporarily disconnected due to concerns over COVID-19. The bottle filler portion remains operational – please use the bottle filler to obtain drinking water by filling your cup or bottle.